By: Beltz Law Firm
Share This Post
Help With Rockwall Traffic Tickets – Sec. 545.058. DRIVING ON IMPROVED SHOULDER.
DRIVING ON IMPROVED SHOULDER.
When Can You Drive on an Improved Shoulder?
If you have been cited in Rockwall for driving on an improved shoulder it is important to understand when you can and cannot do this. There are very specific provisions of the law that allow a person to drive on an improved shoulder under certain circumstances. The situations where the action is legal are listed below:
- First the operation of driving on the shoulder must be able to be done safely and has to be necessary
- Driving on the shoulder must also be for the purpose of stopping standing or parking
- It must be necessary to accelerate before entering the main lane of traffic
- It must be necessary to slow down before making a turn to the right
- It must be necessary to pass a broken down vehicle stopped in the main roadway
- It must be necessary to allow another vehicle to pass
- It must be necessary to avoid a collision
These are the outlined reasons for driving on an improved shoulder. If you can fit into any one of these categories you will have a good defense to being prosecuted under the law. If you have a traffic ticket you would like to discuss with our experienced traffic ticket attorneys call our office today.
feel free to contact us:
- USE OUR CLICK TO CHAT FUNCTION
- FILL OUT OUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO HAVE A LEGAL PROFESSIONAL CALL YOU BACK: https://beltzlaw.com/traffic-ticket-help/traffic-ticket-questionnaire/
- CALL US TOLL FREE AT 214-321-4105