By: Beltz Law Firm
Share This Post
McKinney Warrants Lifted By Experienced Attorney
McKinney Ticket Lawyer
Warrants Lifted In McKinney, TX
If you have warrants in McKinney Municipal Court and are trying to figure out how best to resolve the matter, then take the time to review this article so that you don’t find yourself making some of the most common mistakes we see every day. If you would like to talk with an experienced team of legal professionals familiar with McKinney Municipal Court and the warrant process contact our firm today.
How Warrants Are Issued In McKinney, TX
Warrants are issued in two separate circumstances for tickets in McKinney. First, if you enter into a payment plan with McKinney Municipal Court and fail to make all the required payments, then the case will go into warrant. Second, if you ignore or forget about the ticket issued in McKinney and go past the appearance date listed on the ticket then the case will go into alias warrant. The difference between the two are very important.
- CAPIAS WARRANTS – If you have a capias warrant this means that you entered into a payment plan and defaulted on the terms of that plan. Once this happens, do not waste you money hiring a lawyer. A ticket attorney in McKinney cannot lift capias warrants due to Article 27.14 of the Code of Criminal Procedure that states that payments made to the court are the same as being found guilty before a jury. Because guilt and innocence is no longer an issue you have no reason to hire a lawyer to defend you. The only issue remaining is the payment of the fine. The only choice you have is to either sit the tickets out in jail or pay them in full. The best advice that can be given is if you do not have the money, don’t enter into a payment plan that you know you are going to end up defaulting on. Let the cases go into warrant and hire a lawyer when have the money together. For a more detailed explanation of why, see the alias warrant description below.
- ALIAS WARRANTS – Alias warrants are those cases where nothing has been done on the ticket in McKinney. Most are either intentionally ignored or forgotten about. Because a plea has never been entered, there is still a question of guilt and innocence. This question gives rise to the right of counsel. An attorney can then step in and assist you with the warrant and also with keeping the violations from going on your permanent record. In most cases, if the ticket is not dismissed the attorney can also extend payment terms and any other conditions of the court to keep the violation from being reported to DPS as a conviction. Alias warrants are the best case scenario if your case is in warrant status. It affords you the most opportunities to protect your driving record, insurance rates and driving privileges. If you do not have the money to pay for tickets (this sounds crazy but it is true) then your best bet is to let them go into warrant until you do. Do not enter into a payment plan with the court and then default. If you do, then McKinney Municipal Court has you right where they want you. You cannot hire a lawyer and they can deal with your case on their terms not yours.
feel free to contact us:
- USE OUR CLICK TO CHAT FUNCTION
- FILL OUT OUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO HAVE A LEGAL PROFESSIONAL CALL YOU BACK: https://beltzlaw.com/traffic-ticket-help/traffic-ticket-questionnaire/
- CALL US TOLL FREE AT 214-321-4105