By: Beltz Law Firm
Share This Post
A Lawyer’s Help With Tickets In Bedford Municipal Court
Bedford Ticket Lawyer Traffic Ticket Defense In Bedford
Getting a ticket for anything is no fun. Searching for an attorney is probably less fun than going to the dentist. However, with today’s legal environment it is almost a necessity to retain a lawyer for tickets in Bedford, Texas to ensure that you don’t lose your license, subject yourself to increased insurance rates and financial surcharge penalties. This article is intended to give you general information about Bedford Municipal Court. If you would like to discuss your tickets with an experienced ticket lawyer for your Bedford tickets contact us today.
Bedford Municipal Court Information
The official statement of what Bedford Municipal Court is responsible for is listed on their website as follows:
- Municipal Courts are the judicial branch of city government. In addition, the Municipal Court is part of the state judicial system. Municipal Courts hear Class C Misdemeanor criminal cases, including traffic violations, for which the maximum fine, upon conviction, does not exceed $500, and for which no jail sentence may be assessed. They also hear cases involving violation of city ordinances, which may have fines up to $2,000 for certain offenses.
In general, this is a pretty good outline of Bedford Municipal Court’s responsibilities to the public at large. Bedford Municipal Court judges are also allowed to issue warrants for the arrest of those that have tickets that remain unpaid or unresolved. The official statement regarding warrants in Bedford Municipal Court is as follows:
Bench Warrants Defendants who have a Bench Warrant(s), have failed to make an appearance before the court on a ticket. You have the following options:
- Come in to the municipal court and post a cash bond to secure a court date. A cash bond is simply a way of having the warrant recalled and agreeing to appear before the court on a specific date to enter a plea.
- If you simply wish to plead guilty and pay the fine please contact the court for the exact amount due. You must send in a written plea of guilty and no personal checks are accepted.
- Hire a traffic attorney to handle your case(s)
Capias Warrants Defendants, who have a Capias Warrant (s), have entered a plea on their violation(s), and not completed the terms of the judgment levied by the court.
1. Your only option is to contact the court and pay the fine amount of the warrant(s).
- No partial payment(s) will be accepted on warrants.
All of the options listed under bench warrants, with the exception of hiring a lawyer have serious ramifications to your driving record, so discuss them with your lawyer before choosing any of the other options.
The Contact Information For Bedford Municipal Court is:
- 2000 Forest Ridge Drive
Bedford, Texas 76021
Building A – Downstairs
If you need a lawyer to review your case consider giving our traffic ticket attorneys in Bedford, feel free to contact us:
- USE OUR CLICK TO CHAT FUNCTION
- FILL OUT OUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO HAVE A LEGAL PROFESSIONAL CALL YOU BACK: https://beltzlaw.com/traffic-ticket-help/traffic-ticket-questionnaire/
- CALL US TOLL FREE AT 214-321-4105