By: Beltz Law Firm
Share This Post
Assault Tickets In Royse City, TX
Tickets For Assault In Royse City
The assault laws in Texas are very punitive in nature if you become convicted of the offense. It is very important that these types of cases are defended properly in order to protect your criminal record when charged with an assault offense in Royse City Municipal Court. This article is intended to outline the assault laws in Texas as well as how to defend yourself against an assault charge. If you would like to talk with an attorney experienced in defending assault cases in Royse City Municipal Court we suggest you contact our legal profesionals today.
The Law Of Assault In Royse City
Assault laws are divided into two well established categories. There is also an enhancement that can be placed on an assault charge if it is alleged to have occurred against a family member or loved one. The two categories recognized under Texas law that are within the jurisdiction of Royse City Municipal Court are as follows:
- Assault By Threat Tickets In Royse City – These types of tickets occur when a person puts another in fear of unwanted physical contact. Examples of assault by threat cases are those in which a person makes states like, “I am going to kick your ass.” Other statements that our Royse City ticket attorneys have defended are phrases like, “I’m going to punch you in the face after school.” Still other actions that qualify as an assault by threat are those where a person is acting like they are going to cause physical contact. For example, lunging at another person to put them in fear of contact qualifies as an assault by threat if that action would be considered offensive.
- Assault By Contact Cases In Royse City – an assault by contact is exactly as it sounds. If a person makes contact with another in a manner that is offensive in nature, then a charge can be filed in Royse City Municipal Court for assault by contact. Types of assaults that our Royse City ticket attorneys have seen are spitting, biting, slapping, pushing and kicking another. There are a variety of other types of actions that could fall within the category of assault by contact.
If an assault ticket in Royse City is alleged to have occurred against a family member or dating partner as that term is defined by the Texas Family Code, then the charge can carry a “family violence” endorsement. These endorsements are very serious in that they can have a huge impact on every day rights we as americans enjoy. For example, the ability to purchase and carry firearms can be severely effected.
Defending An Assault Ticket In Royse City
All good defenses start with a solid understanding of the facts and circumstances giving rise to the charge. This takes place during the initial consultation with the client. Determining what available defense can be used and how to properly form those arguments is key to a solid defense. Further, you must be willing to appear in court and possibly participate in a trial if necessary to get the best result for your assault ticket in Royse City.
There are many alternatives to having a case dismissed short of going to trial however. One of the possibilities is to have the alleged victim sign a document referred to as an “Affidavit of Non-Prosecution” on your behalf. This documents basically states that the person does not wish to pursue charges against you. If this is obtained then it can be filed by your attorney on your behalf to possibly have the case dismissed.
Still other alternatives are to argue for dismissal of the ticket based on procedural defects in the charging insturment referred to as the “complaint.” If the complaint is not legally correct as a matter of law, then the case could be dismissed. However, the prosecutor could refile a corrected complaint within the two year statute of limitations if they wish to do so. This method can be effective if a defect is caught. However, many attorneys choose to leave the defect alone until trial so that the prosecutor does not have a chance to correct the error.
The bottom line is to consult with an attorney experienced in handling assault tickets in Royse City Municipal Court so that every remedy is exhausted to protect you and your record from harm. If you would like to talk with our team of legal professionals about your assault case, call us today. Regardless of the issue, we probably have an article addressing it. For example, we can detail why it is a bad idea to pay for tickets in Royse City without contesting them. Any issue you may have, feel free to contact us:
- USE OUR CLICK TO CHAT FUNCTION
- FILL OUT OUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO HAVE A LEGAL PROFESSIONAL CALL YOU BACK: https://beltzlaw.com/traffic-ticket-help/traffic-ticket-questionnaire/
- CALL US TOLL FREE AT 214-321-4105