By: Beltz Law Firm
Share This Post
Dallas Municipal Court Ticket Lawyer
Dallas Municipal Court Ticket Lawyer
Dallas Traffic Attorney
If you are looking for a Dallas Municipal Court ticket lawyer you have come to the right place. We handle a high volume of citations ranging from speeding to assault out of Dallas Municipal Court on a monthly basis. If you have received a speeding ticket from the City of Dallas, here are a few things you need to know right off the bat:
- WHERE IS THIS SPEEDING LAW ANYWAY?
Speeding laws are contained in The Texas Transportation Code. The sections relevant to speeding are listed below:
Sec. 545.351. MAXIMUM SPEED REQUIREMENT. (a) An operator may not drive at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the circumstances then existing.
(b) An operator:
(1) may not drive a vehicle at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions and having regard for actual and potential hazards then existing; and
(2) shall control the speed of the vehicle as necessary to avoid colliding with another person or vehicle that is on or entering the highway in compliance with law and the duty of each person to use due care.
Sec. 545.352. PRIMA FACIE SPEED LIMITS. (a) A speed in excess of the limits established by Subsection (b) or under another provision of this subchapter is prima facie evidence that the speed is not reasonable and prudent and that the speed is unlawful.
- HOW LONG DO I HAVE BEFORE IT GOES INTO WARRANT?
When you sign the City of Dallas ticket, you are promising to appear before the court within a certain time period to enter a plea. If you do not contact the court before that date they can issue a warrant for your arrest. Look at the ticket that was issued and read the 8pt font right next to your signature. It should state “clearly” how long you have to appear. If you have missed your appearance date, give us a call immediately.
- WHAT CAN A DALLAS MUNICIPAL TICKET LAWYER DO FOR ME?
- For starters, if you have a warrant we can take care of that so you don’t find yourself eating bologna sandwiches next to bubba who likes the way you smell.
- Next, we can attempt to have the citation dismissed for legal reasons. For a further explanation of what qualifies as a legal reason, see our website link: https://beltzlaw.com/traffic-tickets/traffic-defenses/
- Finally, we protect your driving record so that your license does not get suspended, insurance rates go up, employers see you as a responsible person/driver.
- WHAT TYPE OF GUARANTEE’S DO I GET?
We understand that searching for an attorney is something that you would rather not have to do. We also understand that if you have begun your search to find the right attorney, there are many choices out there with firms promising you everything under the sun to try to get your business. We respect our clients more than that. Being involved in litigation is tough. It is hard on the client who has been injured and desperately needs money to compensate them for their loss. It is just as difficult for the client who is being charged with a criminal offense and is facing the possibility of jail. And don’t forget the law firm you ultimately choose will be living through these experiences with you.
Without an attorney experienced in handling your particular matter, you could lose valuable time, leverage and quite possibly your case. There is no guarantee of the outcome in any case, but without experience and dedication to your particular matter you could end up with less than you deserve.
The three areas of law that have forged the backbone of The Beltz Law Firm are Personal Injury Law, Criminal Law, and Traffic Law. More than anything, it is you the potential client that has influenced the decision of Mr. Beltz to focus on these areas. Time and time again, you have contacted us with enlightening questions and concerns regarding these three areas.
We are not a “hammer” or “sharks” or even “bulldogs.” We are a law firm striving to provide solid legal service for our clients. The Beltz Law Firm makes only one promise in earnest. That promise is to have your best interest at heart in everything we do. Contact our firm now to see if we are the right firm for you.