By: Beltz Law Firm
Share This Post
Dallas Traffic Ticket Attorneys Specializing in Ticket Defense
Traffic Ticket Defense
How To Properly Handle A Traffic Ticket
Traffic ticket defense has become as specialized as any other area of law. Based on recent law changes every traffic ticket received in Dallas, Texas or any other city, a moving violation can cause the suspension of your driver’s license if not handled properly. For this reason, there are right and wrong ways under the law to properly handle a traffic ticket.
- Never plead “guilty” and just pay the fine. This method is definitely the easiest way to resolve a ticket. However, eating McDonalds every day is also fast and easy, but it will kill you too. You have to be smarter about your traffic tickets in our heavily regulated traffic law era in Texas. You have to insure that every citation is kept off your permanent record regardless of the cost. If you do not treat your traffic tickets seriously, they will come back to haunt you.
- Never allow your cases to go into warrant status by ignoring them. Many courts only give you 10 – 21 days to contact the court after recieving a traffic ticket. Make sure you do this. Regardless of whether you have money or not make sure to contact the court. Our attorneys can do this for you in Dallas Municipal Court or any other jurisdiction you are dealing with. Once the court is contacted, an experienced traffic ticket attorney can reset the case to a later date by requesting a pre-trial hearing. This hearing usually extends the case another 30 days out. That way, you can continue to save money just in case your case is not dismissed. If you ignore the ticket, it will go into warrant and only cost you more money. There are ways to get you more time without having to endure the stress and financial burden of a warrant.
- Always attend each court date scheduled. There are many times that our ticket lawyers require our clients to appear in Dallas alongside them. The main reason is that if you show up and the officer does not, then you get the benefit of a dismissal. However, if you do not show up to a scheduled court date forget about the dismissal. You have to care enough about your case to cooperate with your lawyer. If this means showing to court with the lawyer, then do it as it is in your best interest to do so.
- If your case is not dismissed, make sure to pay the deferred adjudication fee on time. If you do not pay the fee on time, then all the time, effort
and energy used to protect your driving record is lost. We have seen many clients get really good deals when their cases were not dismissed only to see them lose it all by not being responsible about the payment of the required fee to the court to solidify a dismissal. An experienced Dallas traffic ticket attorney can only care about your case as much as you do. It is a cooperative effort, so give your full cooperation throughout the process for the best results.
feel free to contact us:
- USE OUR CLICK TO CHAT FUNCTION
- FILL OUT OUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO HAVE A LEGAL PROFESSIONAL CALL YOU BACK: https://beltzlaw.com/traffic-ticket-help/traffic-ticket-questionnaire/
- CALL US TOLL FREE AT 214-321-4105