By: Beltz Law Firm
Share This Post
Removing Driver’s License Holds For Traffic Tickets In Royse City
Driver’s License Hold Removal
One of the biggest issues facing those with outstanding tickets in Texas is the omni hold. This tool allows cities like Royse City to place a hold on the driver’s license of the defendant if they do not resolve their traffic tickets in a timely manner. This article is intended to outline exactly what an omni hold is and how to remove the hold from your driver’s license in Royse City, Texas. If you would like to consult our Royse City traffic ticket attorneys after reading this article, please call us today.
Omni Holds In Royse City, Texas
Omni holds are outlined by statute in Chapter 706 of the Texas Transportation Code. The main provision in this chapter is as follows:
- Sec. 706.004. DENIAL OF RENEWAL OF DRIVER’S LICENSE. (a) If a political subdivision has contracted with the department, on receiving the necessary information from the political subdivision the department may deny renewal of the person’s driver’s license for failure to appear based on a complaint or citation or failure to pay or satisfy a judgment ordering the payment of a fine and cost in the manner ordered by the court…
This tool has been very effective and efficient for many small cities that do not have the budget or capabilities to arrest and hold those that do not resolve their tickets. Without a valid driver’s license employment, education and other personal matters cannot be handled. It can be even more effective for those that do not live in the area and do not have the potential of being arrested.
Removing Holds In Royse City, Texas
In order to remove a hold in Royse City, the traffic tickets must be taken out of warrant status. This is where most people make their biggest mistake. Instead of hiring a lawyer to remove the warrant, they simply run down to the courthouse and pay the tickets off. This creates a conviction record for the driver. If the wrong ticket was paid off, then it can cause a hard suspension and surcharge penalties against the driver.
In order to remove the hold and keep your driving record clear, you are going to need the help of a lawyer. A lawyer can file a document referred to as a bond to get the warrant removed. After the warrant is removed, the Royse City traffic ticket attorney can then collect the payment for the omni hold and give it to Royse City Municipal Court to release the hold. The authority that allows a ticket attorney in Royse City, Texas to do this is listed below:
- Sec. 706.005. CLEARANCE NOTICE TO DEPARTMENT. (a) A political subdivision shall immediately notify the department that there is no cause to continue to deny renewal of a person’s driver’s license based on the person’s previous failure to appear or failure to pay or satisfy a judgment ordering the payment of a fine and cost in the manner ordered by the court in a matter involving an offense described by Section 706.002(a), on payment of a fee as provided by Section 706.006 and:
(1) the perfection of an appeal of the case for which the warrant of arrest was issued or judgment arose;
(2) the dismissal of the charge for which the warrant of arrest was issued or judgment arose;
(3) the posting of bond or the giving of other security to reinstate the charge for which the warrant was issued;
(4) the payment or discharge of the fine and cost owed on an outstanding judgment of the court; or
(5) other suitable arrangement to pay the fine and cost within the court’s discretion.
(b) The department may not continue to deny the renewal of the person’s driver’s license under this chapter after the department receives notice:
(1) under Subsection (a);
(2) that the person was acquitted of the charge on which the person failed to appear; or
(3) from the political subdivision that the failure to appear report or court order to pay a fine or cost relating to the person:
(A) was sent to the department in error; or
(B) has been destroyed in accordance with the political subdivision’s records retention policy.
For a more detailed discussion of what our Royse City traffic ticket attorneys can do for you, please contact our office today. Also, if you have other issues you may need help with we can be relied upon for solid legal advice. For example, if you have a minor who is alleged to have consumed alcohol illegally, we can help. Give our Royse City ticket attorneys a call today.
USE OUR CLICK TO CHAT FUNCTION
FILL OUT OUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO HAVE A LEGAL PROFESSIONAL CALL YOU BACK: https://beltzlaw.com/traffic-ticket-help/traffic-ticket-questionnaire/
CALL US TOLL FREE AT 214-321-4105